SKIP navigation
Grants AccountingBusiness & Finance

This page's main content:

Test Your Knowledge

Test your knowledge on Grants, Contracts and Cooperative Agreements. The answers are provided in a link below.
Good luck!

 


1. Expenses on projects must be:
   A. Reasonable
   B. Allocable
   C. Treated consistently
   D. In compliance with sponsor restrictions
   E. All of the Above

2. Can airline tickets purchased before the end date of a project, be used for travel occurring after the end date of a project?
   A. Yes
   B. No

3. A purchase order is issued before the end date of the project, but the merchandise is not received until after the end date of the project. Can the expense be paid from the project?
   A. Yes
   B. No

4. Does faculty overload need to be approved by the granting agency?
   A. Yes
   B. No

5. Does faculty summer pay need to be approved by the granting agency?
   A. Yes
   B. No

6. Can overtime pay be charged to a project?
   A. Yes
   B. No

7. If an individual works 100% if their time on a project and 60% is paid by the granting agency, the remaining 40% is:
   A. Indirect cost
   B. Cost sharing
   C. Not counted

8. Benefits for the salary charged to a project will be paid from:
   A. The department state aided cost center
   B. The project WBS Element

9. What amount will be charged to the project for benefits?
   A. 23% of Salary
   B. Actual amount paid by the University for benefits.

10. Workers Compensation Insurance will be charged on all employee wages including Graduate Assistants and Student Workers.
   A. True
   B. False

11. Tuition for Graduate Assistants paid on a project will be paid from:
   A. The department state aided cost center
   B. The project WBS Element

12. Can a Graduate Assistant working on a Federal or Federal pass-through project be enrolled in a degree program unrelated to the activities of the grant?
   A. Yes
   B. No

13. Which of the following expenses cannot be charged to a project, unless specifically approved by the granting agency?
   A. Clerical Salaries
   B. Office Supplies
   C. Membership Fees
   D. Foreign Travel
   E. All of the above

14. Can lobbying expenses be charged to a Federal or Federal pass-through project?
   A. Yes
   B. No

15. While traveling on business paid from a Federal or Federal pass-through project, can you visit with a Congressman regarding future funding for projects (lobbying)?
   . Yes
   B. No

16. Expense transfers:
   A. Should be made on timely bases (within 90days)
   B. Must be thoroughly documented
   C. Are highly scrutinized by auditors
   . All of the above

17. Documentation for cost transfers should include:
   A. Explanation for original mistake
   B. Source document reference information
   C. Explanation for appropriate project expense
   D. All of the above

18. If there are funds remaining in the total budget, can they be used for an expense category that was not budgeted?
   A. Yes
   B. No

19. Personnel Activity Reports (PARs):
   A. Must be completed for all persons who work on Federal projects
   B. Verify the percentage of time the person worked on each project
   C. Must be signed by someone with direct knowledge of the person’s effort
   D. All of the above

20. A faculty member works 60 hours a week. The total percentage of the faculty member’s time on Personnel Activity Report (PAR) should add to:
   A. 150
   B. 100
   C. 60

21. A Graduate Assistant works 20 hours a week. The total percentage of the Graduate Assistant’s time on Personnel Activity Report (PAR) should add to:
   A. 50
   B. 100
   C. 20

22. Who completes any financial information required by the granting agency?
   A. Project Director
   B. Administrative Assistant
   C. Business Manager
   D. Grants Accounting

23. Unless stated otherwise in the award agreement, Project Directors are required to submit a final program report to the granting agency within how many days from the project end date.
   A. 30
   B. 60
   C. 90

24. The Project Director needs to send a copy of the final program report or copy of the transmittal letter to Grants Accounting.
   A. Yes
   B. No


For a printable version click below:
Test      Answers