checklist for graduation.
As you prepare to graduate from UNO, there are several things you should know. Please check with the Office of Graduate Studies for specific deadlines, and review the commencement & graduation procedures and checklist. Please be aware of all relevant deadlines.
Special Note: August graduates celebrate their commencement in December. However, there may be extenuating circumstances that could allow an August graduate to walk in the May Commencement before completing their studies. The request form can be downloaded here. Please have the graduate chair of your program fill out and submit this form to the Office of Graduate Studies no later than Monday, April 2, 2012
- Apply for the degree through mavlink on or before the deadline. Information can be found at: http://www.ses.unomaha.edu/registrar/graduate.php
Please note the following deadline dates:
|Last day for filing applications for degrees to be conferred
|Last day to submit Comprehensive Exam results, all incomplete grades from previous terms, and final copies of theses, thesis-equivalent projects, EdS field projects and dissertations
- If you apply for graduation and will not complete all of the requirements for the degree, please notify the Office of Graduate Studies. You must REAPPLY to graduate in a future term; no additional fee is charged.
- Order a cap, gown, and hood from the UNO Bookstore. Contact the Bookstore at (402) 554-2336 for deadlines.
- The following requirements must be in the Office of Graduate Studies 12 working days prior to commencement:
- Comprehensive Examination Results. (Contact individual Departments/Schools for procedures to take the exams).
- All incomplete grades from previous terms must be completed and the grades submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Submit thesis, thesis-equivalent project or EdS field project and dissertations.
- Your graduation file must be in complete order with the exception of grades for current enrollments. Final responsibility rests with you , the graduate student, to check with your advisor and the Office of Graduate Studies to be sure all requirements are met.
NOTE: If the above items are not completed by this date, students will NOT be allowed to participate in the commencement ceremony
- Pay all fees and fines and satisfy all obligations to the University.
- If you are currently enrolled in courses which are a part of your plan of study, you must maintain enrollment to be eligible for graduation. A grade for any current enrollment must be received by the Registrar's Office no later than the close of business on the 15th day following the date of commencement.
last updated: 2/19/2013 at 3:15pm