commencement &/or graduation procedures and timelines.
UNO students have the opportunity to graduate in May, August, or December and the choice of participating in one of two commencement ceremonies held annually in May and December. Students graduating in May are eligible to participate in the May commencement ceremony, while students graduating in August and December are eligible to participate in the December commencement ceremony. You do not have to participate in a commencement ceremony in order to graduate from your degree program.
For information specific to the May 4th 2012, Graduate College Commencement please visit www.unomaha.edu/graduate/commencement.php.
Application for degree deadlines are in the academic calendar.
- You must complete an Application for Degree during the semester in which you plan to graduate. Log onto mavlink and fill out the application on or before the deadline.
- There is a $35.00 Application for Degree Fee payable at the time the application is submitted.
- After applying for your degree, you should visit the UNO Bookstore as soon as possible to order your cap and gown (if you plant to participate in commencement) and graduation announcements. Deadlines to order various items will differ depending on the ceremony in which you plan to participate. Please contact the Bookstore at (402) 554-2336 with any questions.
- Students have 15 working days after the commencement ceremony, (or 15 working days after the final day of the summer semester, in the case of August graduation) to complete all degree requirements that they are currently enrolled in for that semester. Diplomas will be mailed as soon as possible after the 15 working days have passed. Please be sure all holds are cleared and that the address listed on the degree application is correct as this is where your diploma will be mailed.
- Please contact the Registrar's Office, (402) 554-2314, with additional questions.
last updated: 8/17/2011 at 4:42pm