Message from the Dean
As a graduate student at UNO, you will have the opportunity to develop independent scholarship and gain greater competence in research and other applied activities. Rigor, combined with real-world experience and innovation help create a dynamic graduate atmosphere. With a faculty committed to teaching and encouraging you along the way, you will find your education at UNO attainable.
Here's a message from Deborah Smith-Howell, Ph.D. Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs & Dean of Graduate Studies:
As you consider applying to graduate school, there will be three questions to consider:
- What is the value of a graduate degree in terms of additional knowledge, skills and income?
- What advantages does graduate school at the University of Nebraska Omaha offer?
- How will you finance your degree?
Our website will give you detailed information to consider as you answer these questions.
With over 60 graduate programs, at all levels, UNO has numerous opportunities for you. Our Graduate Studies office and the faculty in all of our programs are here to assist you as you explore graduate school, and we are here to support you when you choose UNO.
- Deborah Smith-Howell, Ph.D
- Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- & Dean of Graduate Studies