Faculty and Instructors at UNO with Geoscience expertise.
* Dr. Michael Bishop, email@example.com, 402 554 4808 - expertise in remote sensing, GIS, and alpine environments.
* Dr. Lisa Boucher (appointment in the Biology Department). firstname.lastname@example.org, 402 554 2477 - expertise in paleontology, paleobotany, paleoecology, specifically Cretaceous plant fossils and paleoenvironmental reconstruction.
* Dr. George Engelmann, email@example.com, 402 554 4804 - expertise in vertebrate paleontology, mammalian evolution, North American Mesozoic stratigraphy.
* Dr. Harmon D. Maher Jr., firstname.lastname@example.org, 402 554 4807 - expertise in structural geology and tectonics, regional expertise in Svalbard, Norway.
* Dr. Jeffrey Peake, email@example.com, 402 554 - Climatology, Resource Management, Remote Sensing, Wetlands, Geographic Information Systems - presently Department chair.
* Dr. Jack F. Shroder , firstname.lastname@example.org. 402 554 2770 - expertise in geomorphology and landslides in particular, in the geology of Afghanistan and Pakistan (esp. Nanga Parbat area), in geoarchaeology.
* Dr. Robert Shuster, email@example.com, 402 554 2457 - expertise in granites, growth of the North American continental crust, radiometric dating and isotope geochemistry, geoarchaeology, and specifically in anorogenic granites.
In addition, Dave Becker, Larry Bradley, Robert Goodwin, Mark Gutchewsky, Gabrielle Collins, Mike Madcharo and Bill Moak teach for us part-time. These individuals have extensive geotechnical and/or teaching experience and are an important asset to the program.
For more information...
about Geoscience faculty at UNO, please contact us at:
Department of Geography & Geology
University of Nebraska - Omaha
Omaha, NE 68182
Tel. (402) 554 2662