Geography Graduate Program Admission Requirements
In addition to the requirements of the Graduate College, an applicant for admission to the Master of Arts degree program in geography must:
1) Submit two letters of recommendation and a letter of intent to the geography department;
2) Submit a one-page resume;
3) Present as a prerequisite a minimum of 15 undergraduate semester hours of geography including physical and human geography and cartography, plus at least three hours in spatial analysis, qualitative methods or statistics.
4) Have a GPA in geography of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; and
5) GRE scores are required to be considered for a Graduate Assistantship.
Deficiencies must be made up during the student's first year. Students are expected to be familiar with basic computer skills, especially word processing, spreadsheets and statistics, as well as collateral courses in the physical sciences, economics, history, and sociology relevant to the geographical interests in which the student wishes to specialize. Applicants intending to concentrate in geographic information science and technology are advised to include computer science course work in their baccalaureate program.
For more information...
about the Geography graduate program, please contact us at:
Geography Graduate Program
Department of Geography & Geology
University of Nebraska - Omaha
Omaha, NE 68182
Tel. (402) 554 2662