Each artists made drawings on transparent materials which were
developed onto copper photogravure plates. Sixty six numbered
suites of the folio were editioned during the fall and spring of
2009-10 by the printmaking students and faculty.
The photogravure process was patented in 1852 by Henry Fox
Talbot and has been considered a means of producing the highest
quality intaglio editions since the mid 19th century. In the summer
of 2009 McDermid Autotype, the sole producer of photogravure
films, announced that they would no longer produce the gelatin
paper for photogravure.