Spring 2014 Juried Exhibition for UNO Art Department Studio Majors
Juror Michael Burton
- Applicaiton deadline: Monday, February 17, 2014, 5 p.m.
- Delivery of works: Monday, February 24, 2014 between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Juror review and selection: Monday, February 24, 2014 beginning at 1 p.m.
- Email notification of selections: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 by 10 a.m.
- Pick up works not selected: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Opening Reception: Friday, February 28, 2014, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Show ends, work picked up: Thursday, April 3, 2014 after 3 - 5 p.m. or April 4,
Student Eligibility Requirements
• Eligible students must be officially enrolled in the UNO Department of Art & Art History as Studio Art majors.
• BASA majors must be currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours of undergraduate studio classes OR 3 credit hours of undergraduate studio and 3 of undergraduate art history.
• BFA studio majors must be currently enrolled in 3 credit hours of undergraduate studio classes.
Artwork Eligibility Requirements
• All work submitted must be produced while a student at UNO.
• Works may not have appeared in a previous juried student scholarship exhibition.
• Work must be assigned a sale price (preferred) or insurance value. (Works labeled 'por' will not be accepted).The UNO Art Gallery retains a 20% commission on sale of all works.
• Students may submit up to 4 works.
• All work must be framed and/or ready to install.
• All work must be labeled when delivered.
To Apply do one of the following by February 17
click this email link email@example.com fill in the information & send
or copy and paste the following information into an email and send it to the firstname.lastname@example.org address, or write out the information (legibly) and deliver it to the Gallery.
(1) Name as listed in MavLink
(2) Student ID #
(3) Current Address: Street, City/Stet, Zip
(4) Email that you use daily
(5) Cell/Home Phone that you use daily
(6) Declared Major (select one): ___ Bachelor of Arts in Studio Arts (BASA) or _____Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Studio Arts
(7) Studio Enrollment this Semester: List Course Number, Course Name, Instructor, Credit Hours as required above (six credits this semester for BASA; three thiss semester for BFA)
After the Department confirms the applicant's enrollment status on MavLink, s/he will be notified by e-mail to confirm eligibility.
Label Information Required (send as soon as possible to email@example.com & attach to the artwork at time of delivery. All work must be ready to hang or display.
• Artist's Name (as on gallery label)
• Title of Work
• Sale Price (The Gallery receives a 20% commission from this price or Insurance Price (if not for sale)
• Dimensions (in inches h X w X d - approximate numbers okay)
• Course & Teacher work created for
• Semester work created