Free to first 25 Iowa applicants by support of the Iowa West Foundation.
|Applications for 2014 open February 1, 2014.
Info: UNO Center for Innovation in Arts Education
402- 554-2402 firstname.lastname@example.org
|PRAIRIE VISIONS 2013 HIGHLIGHTS
- Use artistic journaling to document your observations of the natural world.
- Explore the way artists around the world make connections to nature in their works.
- Explore ecology, conservation, and sustainability through the works of artists.
- Discover the correlations between the scientific and artistic methods.
- Explore creativity in science through map making, printmaking, music, storytelling, and dance/movement.
- Discover nature and science in the visual arts at the Joslyn Art Museum.
- Engage in interactive learning that models how to think and teach STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) through the arts (STEAM).
|PRAIRIE VISIONS HIGHLIGHTS
- Nebraska's leader in comprehensive arts education and interdisciplinary learning for 25 years.
- Professional development for all educators through interactive, integrated learning.
- Interdisciplinary explorations in social studies, language arts, visual and performing arts for all grade levels and all disciplines.
- Free curricular materials and resources for the classroom.
||Prairie Visions 2014 is organized by the UNO Center for Innovation in Arts Education, with the support of the Nebraska Arts Council and the Nebraska Cultural Endowment. The NAC, a state agency, supports this program through a matching grant funded by the Nebraska Legislature, the National Endowment for the Arts, and the Nebraska Cultural Endowment. Full support is provided for Nebraska educators.
A grant from the Iowa West Foundation provides full support for Iowa educators to attend.
Free dorm rooms available to participants living more than 60 miles outside the Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln area.
CLICK HERE to learn how you can attend Prairie Visions 2014:
The Art and Spirit of Nature
CLICK HERE FOR AN APPLICATION FORM FOR THE PRAIRIE VISIONS 2013 INSTITUTE
CENTER FOR INNOVATION IN ARTS EDUCATION