University Committee on Technology Resources and Services
About the Committee
The purview of the Committee shall include evaluating the level of computing services available to students, faculty, and staff; evaluating technical capabilities; recommending computing resources and services; and providing representatives on intercampus committees involved in planning and reviewing computing policies and services.
The Committee shall advise the Associate Vice Chancellor for Technology on Information Technology Services issues and report its deliberations to the Chancellor. The minutes will go to the Executive Assistant to the Chancellor and Faculty Senate Committee on Educational Resources and Services, as well as an annual report due June 30.
The Committee consists of 26 members. 9 faculty selected by the Faculty Senate, 3 students selected by the Student Senate, 9 staff or administrators, and 5 ex-officio.
Of the 9 staff/administrative members, 5 are selected by the Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs, 3 by the Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance, and 1 by the Director of the Alumni Association.
Ex-officio: The Associate Vice Chancellor for Technology, Director of Academic Information Services, Director of Administrative Computing, Director of Information Technology Infrastructure, and a representative from Computer and Electronics Engineering shall serve, without vote.
Faculty, staff, and administrators serve 3-year, rotating terms. Students serve 1-year terms, renewable with the concurrence of the chair. Appointments become effective August 1. Terms of replacements, if needed, coincide with those of the original appointees.
The Committee shall elect its own chair from the membership and meet monthly during the academic year, and other times as necessary. The chair-elect shall be elected at the first meeting of the spring semester to take office as the chair the following academic year. The Committee shall have two subcommittees: one academic and one administrative, with representation from their respective functional areas. Student members may select the subcommittee on which they wish to serve. Each subcommittee shall elect its own chair and will meet as frequently as necessary, reporting deliberations to the parent committee. Deliberations and/or decisions of the subcommittees shall be subject to the review/approval of the parent committee.
Faculty (3-Year Term, 08/01 - 07/31)
- Timi Barone 08/01/15 - 07/31/18(R4203-g)
- Greg Morin 08/01/15 - 07/31/18(R4203-g)
- Paul Davis, (2015-2016 Chair), 08/01/15 - 07/31/18(R4203-g)
- Amy Schindler 08/01/13 - 07/31/16 (R4095-g) (R4232)
- Elizabeth Leader Janssen 08/01/13 - 07/31/16 (R4095-g)
- Russ Nordman 08/01/13 - 07/31/16 (R4095-g)
- Michael Matthews 08/01/14 - 07/31/17 (R4149-g) (R4217)
- Tracy Bridgeford 08/01/14 - 07/31/17 (R4149-g)
- Carey Ryan 08/01/14 - 07/31/17 (R4149-g)
Staff & Administrators
- Eric Manley 08/01/05 - 07/31/08 *
- Matt Shill (08/01/15 - 07/31/17) *
- Gary Meyer 08/01/05 - 07/31/08 *
- Dean Hayes 08/01/06 - 07/31/09 *
- Mike Boettcher 08/01/05 - 07/31/08 **
- Tara White 08/01/05 - 07/31/08 **
- Tony Flott to 7/31/08 ***
Students (1-Year Term)
- Peter Raun, 2011
- Prateek Kansal, 2011
- Taylor Ochs, 2011
- Bret Blackman, Chief Information Officer (Information Services)
- Lanyce Keel, Exec. Director of Academic Computing (Information Services)
- Steve Lendt, Director, Special Projects, PMO (Multimedia Technology Services)
- Joyce Crockett, Director, Special Projects, PMO (Project Management)