University Committee on Student Affairs
About the Committee
The committee shall advise the Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs Affairs and shall report its deliberations to the Chancellor. The Committee Chair shall send its minutes to the Executive Assistant to the Chancellor and to the Faculty Senate's Committee on Goals and Directions. An annual report shall be submitted by the chairperson to the Executive Assistant to the Chancellor and the Faculty Senate office by June 30.
This committee shall consist of 10 members: 3 faculty, 4 students, 1 administrator, and 2 ex-officio members. The 3 faculty members shall be selected by the Faculty Senate. The student members shall include the Student Body President/Regent, the Speaker of the Student Senate, one student selected by the Student Senate, and one student selected by the Chancellor. The administrative member shall be selected by the Chancellor. Ex-officio: the Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs (or designee) shall serve ex-officio, without vote.
Faculty and administrative members serve 3-year, rotating terms. The student members selected by the Student Senate and the Chancellor serve 1-year, renewable terms. These appointments become effective on August 1. Terms of replacement, if needed, coincide with those of the original appointees.
The committee shall select its own chairperson at the last meeting of the academic year for the following year.
Faculty (3-Year Term)
- Karen Weber 08/01/2015 - 07/31/2018 (R4203-f) (FS)
- Sheryl McGlamery 08/01/2013 - 07/31/2016 (R4095-f) & (R4203-f) (FS)
- Joyce Neujahr 08/01/2014 - 07/31/2017 (R4149-f) (FS)
Students (1-Year Term)
- Student President/Regent: Patrick Davlin 2016-2017
- Speaker of the Student Senate (1-Year Term): TBD
- Student Selected by Student Senate (1-Year Term, SG): TBD
- Student Selected by the Chancellor (1-Year Term, CH): TBD
Administrator (3-Year Term, CH)
- BJ Reed, Senior Vice Chancellor, Academic & Student Affairs