A Research Triangle is a small group of faculty members who make a commitment to work together over a period of time to encourage scholarship, research, and creative activity at UNO by facilitating scholarly interactions among faculty.
What is the purpose of Research Triangles?
To provide an opportunity for UNO Faculty members to form new collaborations with colleagues, discuss research issues, increase their knowledge of research methods and learn about new perspectives, all linked to a specific topic or focus that is selected by the Research Triangles methods.
Why join a Research Triangle?
- To interact with colleagues from across the campus.
- To exchange ideas about research in an informal, collaborative setting.
- To build a research portfolio for reappointment, promotion and tenure.
- To obtain a professional development grant.
What are the guidelines for Research Triangles?
- Complete and submit an application to the Center for Faculty Development by October 15, 2013.
- Outline proposed goals and method of determining how those goals will be attained in the application.
- Meet at least five times during the 2013-2014 Academic Year.
- Complete and submit a year end summary of your Research Triangles activities and accomplishments by April 11, 2014.