A Leadership Team is a small group of faculty members (typically five to seven) who make a commitment to work together over a period of time to concentrate on providing opportunities for faculty members to develop leadership skills.
What is the purpose of Leadership Teams
To provide an opportunity for UNO Faculty memers to meet with colleagues and discuss leadership topics, increase their knowledge of leadership methods and learn about new perspectives, all linked to a specific topic or focus that is selected by the Leadership Team members.
Why join a Leadership Team?
- To interact with colleagues from across the campus.
- To exchange ideas about teaching in an informal, collaborative setting.
- To build a leadership portfolio for reappointment, promotion and tenure.
- To obtain a professional development grant.
What are the guidelines for Leadership Teams?
- Complete and submit an application to Center for Faculty Development by October 15, 2013.
- Outline proposed goals and method of determining how goals will be attained in the application.
- Meet at least five times during the 2013-2014 Academic Year.
- Complete and submit a year end summary of your Leadership Team's activities and accomplishments by April 11, 2014.