SKIP navigation

Key Offices, Terms & Acronyms

This page contains definitions of key offices, terms, and acronyms pertaining to UNO. If there are additional entries you would like posted, please send us your suggestions.

 A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z


API (Academic Partner for Instruction) API provides instructional technology support to faculty. API offers a range of services from self-help instruction to project consulting/partnerships. For more information contact or go to the API website.
AQIP (Academic Quality Improvement Program) Higher Learning Commission accreditation process used by UNO.

Back to Top


CFD (Center for Faculty Development) UNO office dedicated to faculty development located in Arts and Sciences Hall 202.

Back to Top


FYE (First Year Experience) FYE courses are designed to combine academic coursework with college success strategies, academic and career exploration, and orientation to college life. For additional information contact University Division.

Back to Top


POD (Professional Organization Development Network in Higher Education) POD is a professional organization which fosters human development in higher education through faculty, instructional, and organizational development.

Back to Top


SOTL (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning) Carnegie Foundation project to enhance research on teaching and learning. UNO faculty have participated in the last two national conferences.

Back to Top


TABS (Teaching Analysis By Students) TABS is Teaching Analysis By Students, a confidential teaching analysis completed by you and your students which may help you identify your relative strengths and weaknesses as a teacher. For additional information contact Center for Faculty Development.

Back to Top


UCAT (University Committee on Advancement of Teaching) UNO committee that supports the improvement of instruction through grants and other activities. 2008-2009 chair is Dr. Kath Henebry, College of Business Administration. For additional information contact Center for Faculty Development.
UCR (University Committee on Research) UNO committee that supports research activities through grants and other activities. For additional information, contact Sponsored Programs and Research.

Back to Top