Differentiated Instruction Workshop
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013, the Center for Faculty Development sponsored a workshop on Differentiated Teaching Methods, presented by five faculty from the University of Nebraska-Kearney. Below are the links to the recording of the presentation as well as the presentation slides and other materials supporting the workshop.
Images from the Workshop
Slideshow created by WOW-Slider
- Participants in the Differentiated Instruction Workshop listen as Dr. Dennis Potthoff describes strategies for meeting diverse student needs through D. I.
- Dr. Dennis Potthoff, Associate Dean in the College of Education at the University of Nebraska at Kearney, leads workshop participants in a group activity
- Dr. Grace Mims, Chair of UNK's Department of Counseling and School Psychology, outlines elements of the mixed methods study used to determine the effectiveness of the UNK College of Education's Professional Development Initiative.
- UNK Counseling and School Psychology Chair and Professor Dr. Grace Mims describes the elements included in the research study conducted on a 3-year Professional Development Initiative relating to Differentiated Instruction.
- UNK faculty presenters review the results of one of the participant activities demonstrating how differentiated instruction could be used to support teaching and learning goals.
- Dr. Grace Mims, UNK Counseling and School Psychology, and Dr. Wendy McCarty, UNK Teacher Education review the findings of their college's study on differentiated instruction.
- Dr. Grace Mims and Dr. Wendy McCarty discuss items receiving the highest response in regards to the impact of the Professional Development Initiative undertaken by UNK's College of Education.
- Five faculty members from the University of Nebraska at Kearney present to UNO faculty on Wednesday, March 13, 2013.
- Differentiated Instruction was the topic of the March 13, 2013, workshop presented by five faculty from the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
- Jen Harvey, Curriculum Librarian at the UNK Calvin T. Ryan Library, presents the research literature supporting their group's study on differentiated instruction and a professional development initiative.
- Lanyce Keel (left), Information Services, and Anne Ludwig (middle), International Programs, listen along with Dr. Grace Mims (right) to strategies for working with diverse student needs using Differentiated Instruction
- Dr. Tara Bryan (left), Public Administration, and Dr. Claudia Garcia (right), Foreign Languages, listen intently to the UNK faculty's presentation on Differentiated Instruction at the March 13 workshop.
- UNK faculty interact with UNO faculty and staff through activities demonstrating the use of differentiated instruction techniques. Here, Dr. Juliette Parnell, Foreign Languages, and Lanyce Keel (front), Information Services work together while UNK faculty Dr. Wendy McCarty (back, left) and Dr. Sherry Crow (back, right) discuss strategies with Shelley Schafer (back, center), Information Services.
- Ted Turgeon, Information Services, and Dr. Claudia Garcia, Foreign Languages, review the results of one of the differentiated instruction strategy activities led by UNK faculty on March 13.
- Dr. Sherry Crow, UNK Assistant Professor in School Library Science, provides details on how their College of Education pursued the Professional Development Initiative relating to Differentiated Instruction.
- Dr. Wendy McCarty discusses the questions driving the research behind the UNK College of Education's Professional Development Initiative on Differentiated Instruction.
- Dr. Wendy McCarty, Dr. Sherry Crow, Curriculum Librarian Jen Harvey, and Dr. Dennis Potthoff respond to workshop participants' questions about strategies for achieving differentiated instruction.