'Tis the Season for Giving!
photo by Jeff Beiermann/UNO
Across the campus several departments and organizations have given to others less fortunate this holiday season. In the Registrar's Office, staff poses with gifts generously donated for the department's adopt-a-family before their delivery.
This Day in UNO History
On Dec. 26...
- Omaha University (OU) football team leaves Omaha by plane for New Year's night Tangerine Bowl game against Eastern Kentucky State in Orlando, Fla., 1954.
- UNO Chancellor Ron Roskens and 193 others, including students, faculty and staff, leave Omaha for a 10-day tour of the Soviet Union, 1974.
"This Day in UNO History" is courtesy of the UNO Alumni Association (http://unoalumni.org/tduh).Up to Top
Mail Services Holiday Shutdown Hours
Mail Services will be serving the campus community on a limited basis during the holiday shutdown. Only departmental postage will be applied daily (no sales of postage for personal use). The service counter window will be open from 9 to 10 a.m. today through Friday, Dec. 26-28, and Monday, Dec. 31, for anyone wishing to retrieve department mail.
Have a safe and happy holiday season from your staff at Mail Services!
For more information, contact Mike Burton at 402.554.2394.Up to Top
Nominations Sought for Employee of the Month
Do you know staff members at UNO who deserve recognition for great service? Then please tell our Employee of the Month team about them so others will know. UNO recognizes deserving employees each month with kudos and prizes. Nominating an employee is as easy as a couple of clicks.
Here is the link to the nomination form found on the Human Resources web page: http://www.unomaha.edu/humanresources/EmpofMonth.php.
Each recipient receives:
- Reserved parking spot
- Recognition at the University of Nebraska Board of Regents meeting
- Photo op with Chancellor Christensen
- A gift bag including a beverage container of the employee's choice and other tokens of remembrance.Up to Top
Campus Hours Over Winter Break 2012
UNO students are on Winter Break. During the break, a number of buildings on the UNO campus will feature holiday hours leading up to the start of the Spring 2013 semester on Monday, Jan. 7.
Also during the break, campus will be officially closed Monday, Dec. 24, through Tuesday, Jan. 1. During the closedown, faculty and staff will be gone, but some buildings will continue modified hours. Read more for the Winter Break hours.Up to Top