Olympic Gold Medalist Visit
photo by Jeff Beiermann/UNO
Olympian Billy Mills, middle, talks with UNO's Ed Zendejas while walking around the Health, Physical Education and Recreation's indoor track with students from Omaha South Magnet School. Mills is the second Native American to win an Olympic gold medal.
Holiday Hours at UNO for Thanksgiving Break
Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, UNO and several of its facilities will be featuring special holiday hours and closings.
Starting Wednesday, Nov. 21, there will be no classes held on the UNO campus until Monday, Nov. 26, when all classes resume their regular schedules.
The UNO campus will be closed today through Saturday, Nov. 23-24, in observance of Thanksgiving. During this time only previously designated personnel will be expected to be on campus. The campus re-opens on Monday, Nov. 26. Read more.Up to Top
This Week In Maverick Athletics
Attend a UNO sporting event over Thanksgiving holiday break! This Week in Maverick Athletics is a listing of the latest sports information. For a complete weekly update of UNO's in-season teams, click on this link http://www.unomaha.edu/enotes/2012/img/thisweekmavs1119.pdf.
Visit UNO Master Calendar of Events
Looking for events to attend? If so, visit UNO's official Master Calendar. The calendar is a listing of all university-sanctioned events on campus. The UNO Master Calendar of Events can be accessed at http://unocalendar.unomaha.edu.
Open Parking & Shuttle Bus Service – Thanksgiving Break
There is open parking on campus during Thanksgiving break, starting Wednesday, Nov. 21, through Sunday, Nov. 25. No permits are required during this time. The East Parking Garage will be open.
* Reserve, handicap, drive aisle and fire lane restrictions will be enforced.
* Parking at the Crossroads and Crossroads shuttle bus service will not be available during Thanksgiving break.
* No shuttles will be operating today through Sunday, Nov. 23-25.
Contact Parking Services at 402.554.PARK (7275) if you have any questions.Up to Top
Group Ex. Classes and Open Lab Thanksgiving Hours
Mav-Rec Wellness announces due to the Thanksgiving holiday, there will not be Group Ex. Classes or Open Golf/Archery Lab from Wednesday, Nov. 21, through Sunday, Nov. 25. Group Ex. Classes and the Open Lab will resume on Monday, Nov. 26. For details, visit http://www.unomaha.edu/wwwocr/index.php.Up to Top
Campus Security Offers Holiday Safety Tips
The Campus Security staff would like to remind the campus community of some common sense safety tips to practice during the holiday season.
- When a person leaves his or her room or office, lock it up, even if it's only for a few minutes.
- Avoid leaving valuables or packages in plain view in a vehicle. Place them in the trunk or between the seats. When possible, do so before parking.
- During the holiday break, take valuables home from campus offices and residence halls.
- Anyone who is going to be working on campus late in the evening or when few people are around should consider advising Campus Security so that an officer can pay special attention to the area.
- Anyone entering a locked residence hall or campus building should make sure the door closes completely. Strangers should not follow anyone into a secure building.
- Students who live on campus and are leaving town for the holidays should make sure they have someone keeping an eye on their residence and leave emergency contact information.
For more information, call Campus Security at 402.554.2648.Up to Top
Join the Winter Bike Commuter Challenge
Join Team UNO for the 2nd annual Activate Omaha Winter Bike Commuter Challenge. The challenge officially started on Nov. 1 and runs until March 31. You can join anytime during this period and any amount of bike-to-work commuting will count toward helping Team UNO. To sign up, go to: http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/qBF2K3IxvuY. Please make sure you indicate that you work or go to school at the University of Nebraska at Omaha when you join.
Learn all of the tips and tricks you'll need to stay warm and safe this winter by checking out this helpful video on winter cycling: http://www.streetfilms.org/winter-biking-primer/. For more information, contact Mike Grube at email@example.com or Angie Eikenberry at firstname.lastname@example.org.Up to Top