Workforce Recruitment Program at UNO
The Disability Services Office (DSO) will host a recruiter from the Workfroce Recruitment Program on October 26, 2011. Interviews will be held in EAB 117. Students must contact Kate Clark to make an appointment. Only those with an appointment and a completed online application will be eligible to meet with the recruiter.
How to Apply
1. Secure an appointment time through Kate Clark at email@example.com or (402) 554-2872.
2. Go to https://wrp.gov/registerstudent to register. This is a secure web page; click 'enter data' to start your application.
3. A day or two later, you will receive an email confirming your registration. At that time, go back to https://wrp.gov/registerstudent to complete the online application and upload your resume and transcript. Here are some tips for your uploads:
Upload the resume and transcript to the "Manage Documents" page of the WRP site (Word documents are strongly encouraged).
You can use a traditional resume or create a federal resume using the resume builder found on the USAJobs website at www.usajobs.gov.
An official or unofficial transcript may be used and you might consider copying and pasting it into a Word document.
3. Optional--Federal Ethnicity and Race Identification form SF 181 (used for statistical purposes only (see pdf attachment). Complete prior to the interview and turn in to the recruiter, if desired.
4. Optional--Any additional supporting papers, such as letters of recommendation, etc.
5. Bring paper copies of your resume and a transcript (official or unofficial) to the interview.
Review these Documents
The following documents were provided for interviewees from the WRP Office in Washington, D.C. I have summarized their contents above, but please review them directly for your own benefit.
Informational Materials Packet 2011 (Word doc)
Application Requirements 2011 (Word doc)
Important Info for Students 2011 (Word doc)
Make an appointment for a one-on-one meeting to review your resume and conduct a mock interview. This will sharpen your skills and help make a good first impression during the interview with the recruiter. Call 402-554-3672 for an appointment.
UNO Disability Services Coordinator
6001 Dodge Street, EAB 117
Omaha, NE 68182
Phone (402) 554-2872
Fax (402) 554-6015