Make an appointment with an academic advisor to discuss the BGS program.
- The advisors will do an unofficial evaluation of your transfer credits from previous education institutions. Student issued copies of your transcripts are sufficient for the preliminary meeting.
- Please bring these transcripts with you to the appointment. If you are scheduling a phone appointment, fax them ahead of time to (402)554-2231 or call (402)554-2370 to get an e-mail address to send them to.
- Remember to bring any documentation of military service and other training programs to see what credit might be available.
Check out information on funding your education.
- UNO’s Financial Aid Website has information on Federal Aid programs and other scholarship opportunities.
- See the current Tuition and Fee rates at UNO.
- Research any tuition reimbursement benefits offered through your employer.
- Veterans—find out about any eligible benefits.
Once you have decided on UNO, apply for admission and follow the checklist.
- Submit an online Application for Admission. On Section C, select “Division of Continuing Studies in CPACS” Then choose your Major, which is your BGS Area of Concentration
- Pay the application fee.
- Request official college transcripts be sent to UNO’s Office of Admissions.
- If necessary, apply for residency for tuition purposes.
- Fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and apply for scholarships.
- Submit proof of 2 MMR immunizations or proof of immunity by filling out the UNO pre-enrollment health requirement document. Use the Medical Information Request Form to obtain immunization records from your high school or doctor’s office.
Once you have been admitted (you can track your status on Mavlink).
- Register for Student Orientation if needed.
- Take the English and Math Placement Exams if needed at the UNO Testing Center.
- Make an appointment with an advisor to finalize your degree plan and select classes.
- Register for classes on Mavlink.
- Set up your my UNO Blackboard and myMAIL email account.
- Buy books from the Bookstore.
View, download or print this checklist in PDF format.