Desktop Computer Recommendations
- Processor: Intel Core i5 - 2.5 Ghz or higher
- RAM: 4 GB of RAM or more
- Hard Drive: minimum 500 GB - Depending on the user, a larger hard drive may be needed. (For example, if needing to store lots of pictures,videos etc.) Retail computers are typically configured with 1 TB (terabyte) hard drives or higher
- Operating system: Windows 7.
- Architecture: 32-bit or 64-bit
- Optical (DVD/CD) drive: DVD +/- RW drive, this will play and burn CDs and DVDs
- Monitor: Flat/LCD Panel - a minimum of 17 inches
- Video Card: 128 mb or more of discrete graphics
- Extended Warranty: This is useful if the user isn't proficient in computer repair. A warranty with onsite support is useful when purchasing from an online computer manufacturer such as Dell. Onsite support provides a tech dispatched to your home if the computer issue can't be solved via telephone.