The University of Nebraska at Omaha’s Callitrichid Research Center is dedicated to providing an environment that fosters excellence in research on the behavioral endocrinology of social behavior in marmosets
In order to meet our mission:
1) We provide a supportive environment for undergraduate and graduate students, research technicians, and PhD-level scientists conducive to generating new knowledge in behavioral endocrinology.
2) We maintain a large colony of marmosets, currently we maintain breeding groups of white-faced marmosets (Callithrix geoffroyi) and nonbreeding monogamous pairs of black tufted-ear marmosets (Callithrix penicillata).
3) We provide expertise, training, and resources for students and visiting researchers in colony management, behavioral research, and endocrine analysis.
4) We have a fully operational on-site Endocrine Bioservices Laboratory.
5) We disseminate information to the community through peer-reviewed publications as well as attendance at national and international meetings.