Values, Mission & Vision
- Superlative academic service learning and community-based learning experiences for our students that offer reciprocal and substantial benefits for our community partners
- Exciting co-curricular service opportunities that inspire students to become active citizens, change agents, and leaders in their communities
- Democratic ideals, such as transparency, civil and open dialogue, and diversity of thought, in our operations, programming and events
- A collaborative environment that values community, faculty, staff and students as equal partners
- A dynamic building culture that fosters camaraderie and communication
- Respectful reciprocity, which ensures that the motivations and needs of community and university partners are acknowledged and appropriately addressed
- A welcoming atmosphere that values the full breadth and scope of our community’s diverse population
- A commitment to continuous improvement, based on measurement of outcomes, that determines the impact of our efforts on our students, campus, and community
The Community Engagement Center will contribute positively and measurably to the community’s quality of life by creating, supporting, and expanding mutually beneficial partnerships, engaged scholarship, and academic and student programming that create tomorrow’s leaders and agents of change.
With the Community Engagement Center (CEC), UNO will provide an expanded, coordinated, and comprehensive student engagement program. The Community Engagement Center will allow UNO to develop new opportunities as well as enhance, expand and coordinate student volunteerism, service projects, academic service learning, and leadership development specific to community engagement and civic participation.
The dynamic programs, initiatives and partnerships fostered and supported by the CEC will inspire generations of leaders, groundbreaking solutions, and synergetic collaborations that will transform our community and campus into world-class metropolitan partners.
We Will Achieve This By:
- Enhancing our graduates’ capacity and commitment to civic participation and community stewardship
- Meeting employers’ expectations for graduates who can demonstrate leadership and critical reasoning skills
- Expanding and enhancing campus/community engagement and collaboration
- Enhancing campus and community capacity to meet changing demands in a dynamic and evolving world
- Connecting faculty, staff and student research expertise with community needs
- Recognizing and celebrating the community service contributions of our partners, students, faculty and staff
- Measuring our impact and improving our performance to ensure maximum value to our students and community