Parking & Directions
Parking | Directions
Visitor and Event Parking
Visitors should enter through the Lot E parking booth, which is staffed with a parking attendant. Summer hours for the Weitz CEC Lots E and D are Monday through Thursday from 7 A.M. to 6 P.M. and Fridays from 7 A.M. to 5 P.M.
If Lot E and D have reached capacity for an event, permits will be provided for individuals attending events in the Weitz CEC or have a confirmed meeting with a building partner organization.
Download the Weitz CEC Visitor Parking Map.
Traveling by Car
West Entrance | From Dodge Street turn onto University Drive West, then left onto University Drive North. Lot D is located between Criss Library and the Strauss Performing Arts Center and available for visitor and event parking.
East Entrance | From Dodge Street turn onto University Drive East, then right onto University Drive North. Lot D is located between Criss Library and the Strauss Performing Arts Center and available for visitor and event parking.
Consider a carpool or ridesharing to campus.
Walking or Bicycling
Traveling by Bus
The Omaha Metro bus route is available online.
#2 bus makes stops every 15-20 minutes on Dodge Street, in front of the Weitz CEC;
#11 passes close by on Leavenworth Street with a 15-minute walk through Elmwood Park to campus; or
#15/55 operates frequently on Center Street—you can walk from there or pick up a Maverick shuttle near 67th & Pine which will drop you off next to the Weitz CEC on Dodge Campus.
Parking | Building Partner Orgranization
Partner organizations and tenants of the Weitz Center may purchase a reserved parking permit to park on Dodge Campus, Lot Q, which is located under the building.
Handicap stalls are available for reservation in the parking garage (Lot Q). If you require handicapped parking for a visitor please contact Liz Codina firstname.lastname@example.org at or Dave Peterson at email@example.com to request an e-permit for your guest (temporary parking pass). The e-permit will allow your guest to park on any surface lot.
Metered parking is available in Lot M, south of Criss Library.
Parking requests for event reservations must be included in your reservation inquiry.
Additional Parking Information:
- If you require handicapped parking please contact Liz Codina at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dave Peterson at email@example.com to request an e-permit (temporary parking pass). The e-permit will allow you to park on any surface lot.
- In the event that Lot E and D become full, the attendant will direct visitors to Lot T in the East parking garage.
- If at the time of a reservation request an event will require more than what Lot D can accommodate, prior arrangements will be made with UNO Parking. As soon as those arrangements have been determined, Liz Codina or Dave Peterson will send the directions and access details for visitors.
- Standard parking reservations can be requested during a reservation request form or a virtual account reservation. Please note that this is a requirement for a virtual account reservation request.
- We recommend making a parking reservation if you or your group anticipate more than one drop-in visitor.
- In the event that all of the drop-in stalls have been used that day please contact Liz Codina at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dave Peterson at email@example.com who will assist you or your group in finding parking for your guests.