- Broadened access to the university’s extensive human capital for short-term and long-term volunteer activities, campus-wide service days, board service, and as well as on-line portals for the university community to connect with these opportunities.
- Flexible, hi-tech work spaces for a diverse array of community and university organizations that share common interests in solving community problems, collaboration, reciprocity, and communication. Applications for community and university organizations can be found online.
- Access to capacity-building resources designed to strengthen the ability of local nonprofit, government, and educational organizations to respond effectively to community needs.
- Meeting spaces, including large classrooms accommodating 100 to 300 people as well as small and medium size conference rooms, all outfitted with state-of-the art technology.
- Informal planning spaces that accommodate small groups.
- Designated visitor parking on-campus to allow for easy access to the CEC for partner organizations, their visitors and event attendees.
Services and Amenities Included in Usage Agreement
|Service or Amenity||Standard Organization or Use||Hybrid Organization or Use||Grant Organization or Use|
|Furnished private office, cubicle or workstation||Included||Included||Included*|
|IT support and training||Included||Included||Included*|
|use of meeting rooms, including videoconferencing||Included||Included||Included*|
|UNO software pool & access to IT hardware bulk purchasing||Included||Included||Included*|
|Postal address & mail handling||Included||Included||Included*|
|Access control system||Included||Included||Included*|
|Direct access to UNO faculty, staff & students||Included||Included||Included*|
|Use of Criss Library, HPER, Child Care Center (as available) and other UNO activities at employee rates||Included||Included||Included*|
|Parking for employees||Available at UNO faculty or staff rates (2 spaces included for suites)||Available at UNO faculty or staff rates (2 spaces included for suites)||Available at UNO faculty or staff rates (2 spaces included for suites)|
|Use of photocopier/scanner||Charged-back based on usage||Charged-back based on usage||Charged-back based on usage|
|Employee medical insurance and other employee benefits||Not included||Available via the Nonprofit Association of the Midlands or other provider||Available, but directly charged to the grant|
|Accounting, tax, and legal services||Not included||Available from various local professional services firms||Included*|
|*Note: Grant activities occupying space in the CEC will be entitled to additional services and amenities at an additional charge of 16% of the grant, which represents the administrative component of UNO's F&A rate.|