BSSW Scholarship Opportunities
Undergraduate and graduate social work students may apply for up to (but no more than) three scholarships, and may be awarded up to (but no more than) one scholarship. The scholarship application window for the 2016-17 academic year is open from September 1 to September 15.
Prior to submitting your application, carefully review the list of all scholarships and qualifying criteria Click here to view available scholarships and criteria.
Scholarship Awards Reception
A scholarship reception honoring each scholarship recipient and one guest, along with the scholarship donors, will be hosted by the Grace Abbott School of Social Work on Monday, October 10, 2016 from 5-6:30 in The Thompson Center. Click here for a campus map
Before you begin your online scholarship application, please gather the following information in advance to ensure that your submission process goes smoothly. It is highly recommended that you read the application process very carefully; applicants who fail to follow all steps as outlined below will be disqualified.
- Your 8-digit student ID number.
- The number of credit hours you are enrolled in for the current (Fall 2016) semester.
- The total number of credit hours you have completed toward your social work degree (include Fall 2016).
- Your current GPA (found in MavLINK).
- Your professional resume (pdf).
- Be prepared to answer the following essay questions on the scholarship application:
- Describe how you meet the specific criteria of the scholarship for which you are applying.
- Describe your current obligations (school and work).
- Describe your community activities, current and past volunteer experience(s), and other local, national, and/or international projects benefitting others in which you are involved.
- Describe your specific area(s) of interest, as well as your current and long-term goals as they relate to social work.
- Any additional information that distinguishes you.