GASSW scholarships are offered during the fall semester only. Students who are active in the BSSW program are notified via email regarding application procedures.
Before you begin your online application please gather the following information:
- Student ID Number.
- Number of credits for which you are currently enrolled.
- Number of credits you have completed.
- Undergraduate GPA.
- Resume in PDF, DOC, DOCX, or TXT format.
- Any additional files as required by the criteria of the scholarship(s) for which you are applying. See the list of scholarships for specific criteria.
- Application letter in PDF, DOC, DOX, or TXT format. Only one is needed even if applying for multiple scholarships.
The application letter should include the following information:
- Description of how you meet the specific criteria for the scholarship(s) for which you are applying. If you are applying for more than one scholarship, include a brief statement for each. See the list of scholarships for specific criteria.
- Description of current workload (school and employment).
- Description of community activities, volunteer work (current and past), and other projects that benefit others (local, national and international).
- Description of your specific area(s) of interest and goals as a social worker currently and after graduation.
- Any other information that distinguishes you.
Recipients of 2014-2015 scholarships will be honored at a Scholarship Luncheon on Wednesday, October 8, from 12:00 NOON to 1:30 PM at the Thompson Alumni Center.