What is the CADRE Project?
- A year-long teaching experience in a metropolitan area school district while enrolled as a graduate student in the College of Education
- Practical teaching techniques, strategies, and feedback
- Priority consideration for employment in the participating school districts
- Tuition provided for graduate study
- Graduate study beginning the summer before the CADRE teaching assignment and continuing through the following summer
- Graduate study focused on the specialized needs of teachers
- Mentoring by CADRE Associates who are master teachers
- Opportunity for professional collaboration and reflection with a cohort of first year and experienced teachers
- Seminars and special projects designed to meet the needs of teachers
- The 2014-2015 stipend is $17,500. The stipend amount is reviewed yearly.
Experienced teachers from MOEC school districts who hold a master's degree are selected to serve as CADRE Associates with the following responsibilities:
- 25% mentoring two CADRE Teachers
- 25% university responsibilities
- 50% school district responsibilities