Admissions to The CADRE Project
- Hold a B.S. or B.A. in Education with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Be eligible for appropriate state certification
- Be available for Summer Session I and II immediately preceding and following the year-long teaching assignment
- Provide to the university:
- a. An official transcript
- b. Letter of interest (one page stating your career goals and your reasons for applying to the CADRE Project)
- c. A completed CADRE application form
- Complete the application process with participating districts specifying an interest in a CADRE position. Please note: once accepted, CADRE-Special Education teachers must fulfill all requirements to be admitted to the Department of Special Education and Communication Disorders.
- Apply to the CADRE Project by submitting a completed application.
- Apply to a participating school district(s).
Follow the links below to apply to the school district or districts where you would like to serve as a CADRE Teacher. Since each school district is responsible for selecting its CADRE Teachers, applying to more than one district will increase your chances of being admitted into the CADRE Project.
** 2014-2015 CADRE Participating Districts
- Bellevue Public Schools
- Bennington Public Schools **
- Council Bluffs Community School District **
- Douglas County West Community Schools
- Elkhorn Public Schools **
- Educational Service Unit #3
- Educational Service Unit #19
- Gretna Public Schools
- Millard Public Schools **
- Omaha Public Schools **
- Papillion-La Vista Public Schools **
- Ralston Public Schools
- Springfield-Platteview Community Schools **
- Westside Community Schools
Districts are responsible for selecting CADRE teachers. District applications are accepted November through March. Typically, districts make their selections between January and mid-April. The CADRE Project office will notify remaining candidates by letter once the districts have completed the selection process.