Fast Facts About Teacher Education
TED faculty are committed to promoting socially-responsible learning communities that honor and empower all learners. We strive to model best practices that prepare professionals who demonstrate intentional competence as dedicated practitioners, reflective scholars, and responsible citizens.
- Small class sizes
- Integrated field experiences
- Technology friendly
- Urban experiences
- Student organizations & leadership
- Distance learning
- Service learning
- Honors program
- Continuing professional development
Teacher Education Highlights
- Eight of the fifteen recipients of the 2013 Alice Buffett Outstanding Teacher Award received their bachelor's and/or master's degrees from UNO.
- 2013 Nebraska Teacher of the Year, Angela Mosier, earned her bachelor's and master's degrees in secondary education from UNO.
- Sixty Omaha metro-area teachers have been prepared for National Board certification through a TED cohort.
- Each year, in collaboration with community partners, more than 1,200 teacher candidates participate in field experiences in public and parochial schools providing more than 250,000 hours of service.