Educator Certification Options
Teaching or Administrative Certificates Expired Less Than Five Years
Individuals wishing to renew a Nebraska teaching certificate which is expired less than five years must complete six hours of college credit at a four year institution that is accredited for teacher education.
Students entering the six-hour renewal program can apply as a graduate student. The deadlines for graduate applications are July 1 for Fall; December 1 for Spring; and April 1 for Summer. Students who miss the deadline should follow the procedure for non-degree students.
Renewal application process:
- Apply: Complete the online application.
- Pay your fee: Send fee as directed on the application.
- Submit Official Transcripts: Order transcripts through your UNO account as directed on the application.
- Apply for Institutional Verification: The College will complete the Institutional Verification and send it to the Nebraska Department of Education (NDE).
- Contact Nicole Kelleher with your name, NUID, and the purpose of your application to NDE. Nicole is available via email at email@example.com or by phone at 402.554.2718