Educator Certification Options
Teaching or Administrative Certificates Expired Less Than Five Years
Individuals wishing to renew a Nebraska teaching certificate which is expired less than five years must complete six hours of college credit at a four year institution that is accredited for teacher education.
The six hours must be related to the area(s) of endorsement(s) on your certificate, but not duplicate any previous course work. The six-hour renewal can be at the graduate or undergraduate level.
Students entering the six-hour renewal program can apply as a graduate student. The deadlines for graduate applications are July 1 for Fall; December 1 for Spring; and April 1 for Summer. Students who miss the deadline should follow the procedure for non-degree students.
Who will be my advisor?
Please direct questions regarding the six-hour renewal to Nicole Kelleher.
First time students will receive a registration email with specific information about using MavLINK to register for classes.
The course work must be completed and the application for the certificate submitted within five years of the date of the first course.
Renewal application process:
- Apply: Complete the online application.
- Pay your fee: Send fee as directed on the application.
- Submit Official Transcripts: Order transcripts through your UNO account as directed on the application.
- Apply for Institutional Verification: The College will complete the Institutional Verification and send it to the Nebraska Department of Education (NDE).
- Contact Nicole Kelleher with your name, NUID, and the purpose of your application to NDE. Nicole is available via email at email@example.com or by phone at 402.554.2718