Graduate Athletic Training Program
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED IN FULL BY THE OFFICE OF GRADUATE STUDIES BY JANUARY 15TH, 2016.
All prospective students should be aware of the potential additional costs associated with the UNO Athletic Training Program (ATP). Questions should be directed to the Program Director.
The steps below should be followed when completing the Graduate Application for Admission. ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED DIRECTLY TO THE OFFICE OF GRADUATE STUDIES, EITHER ONLINE OR BY MAIL (for transcripts and letters of recommendation if necessary). The only exception is the Deficiency Report form, which should be sent directly to the UNO ATP.
Step 1: Register to receive a NUID (personal identification number) by clicking on “New User to This Application?” on the Application homepage. Enter all required personal information to receive your NU ID and password.
Step 2: Enter your new NUID and password on the Application homepage to begin the application process.
Step 3: Select the following, in order, to apply to the athletic training program:
- “When will you attend UNO?” - “Summer 2016”
- “Undergraduate or Graduate?” - “Graduate”
- “Select a degree level.”- “Master's Degree”
- “Field of Study/Major”- “Athletic Training-MA”
- Select your citizenship.
Step 4: Complete each section of the application. Be sure to Save after completing each section.
- International students should select "US VISA Holder," then complete the required information about their VISA. Questions should be directed to International Studies and Programs Office.
- Students that qualify for in-state residency should indicate this on the form. Information on who qualifies for State Residency can be found here.
- Complete information on ALL institutions attended. This includes any institution where you received course credit.
- Upload unofficial transcript(s) from ALL institutions listed.
- Complete all required documents and supplemental information. This includes athletic training observation hours, other allied health observation hours, CPR/AED/First Aid certification(s), extracurricular activities, professional memberships, etc.
- Upload your Statement of Purpose, which should be less than 1000 words. Be sure that it addresses all of the following areas:
• What is/are your primary career goal(s)?
• What in your life has most directly influenced your choice of becoming an athletic trainer?
• Describe your ATTRIBUTES that you feel are clearly and directly related to the profession of athletic training.
• Why should you be selected into the University of Nebraska at Omaha Graduate Athletic Training Program?
- Submit contact information for the two individuals providing your letters of recommendation. They will receive an email from UNO Graduate Studies, with a link to complete an online recommendation form.
Step 5: Any applicants that are currently enrolled in a prerequisite ("deficiency") course at the time of application must send in a Deficiency Report for that course. This Deficiency Report must be sent directly to the Athletic Training Program (HPER 207, 6001 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68182). Deficiency Reports must be received no later than February 15th, 2016.