UNO Advanced Placement® Summer Institute
The UNO Advanced Placement® Institute is designed not only for those currently teaching Advanced Placement® courses, but also for those who will be teaching AP® courses, honors and/or accelerated classes, and special courses that feed into an AP® program. Courses are designed for both new and experienced AP® teachers and focus on what is new in the AP® curriculum, as well as offering an overview of the AP® semester/year long course, its objectives, and exam content. The interaction and sharing of pedagogy and content between the faculty and the AP® teachers provide for an exciting and challenging week that results in improved teaching and learning in the Advanced Placement® classroom.
- Our faculty members are College Board® endorsed.
- The 2017 University of Nebraska at Omaha Advanced Placement® Summer Institute is endorsed by the College Board® and the Metropolitan Omaha Education Consortium.
All questions should be directed to:
Department of Political Science
University of Nebraska at Omaha
2017 APSI courses and faculty will be announced soon.
UNO Department of Political Science
Dr. Janice Rech | Calculus AB/BC
Janice Rech is an Associate Professor of Mathematics and focuses
Dr. Edmund Tisko | Chemistry
Edmund Tisko, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, teaches General Chemistry
Dr. David Peterson | English Language & Composition
David Peterson, a certified College Board consultant, teaches First Year Writing,
Dr. Charles Johanningsmeier | English Literature & Composition
Charles Johanningsmeier, Professor of English, teaches American Literature,
Dr. Juliette Parnell | French Language and Culture
Juliette Parnel is an Associate Professor of French at UNO.
Dr. Bradley Dyke | U.S. History
Bradley Dyke has taught U.S. History and Political Science at the high school
July 17-20, 2017 | 8:00am - 6:00pm | Monday - Thursday
Advanced Placement Summer Institute Costs
- Registration fees includes course materials and lunch.
- APSI materials and registration ticket will be sent after payment has been received.
- Graduate credit hours can be earned for additional cost. Please inquire with the coordinator.
- Your registration costs, less $50, will be refunded if the participant cancels in writing to Kristin Broyhill by 5PM CST on June 15. No refunds offered for those who register after this time unless UNO cancels a course.
- UNO and College Board are not responsible for any associated costs incurred by participants.
No late registrations or "Walk-in's"
- There are rooms reserved for the Advanced Placement® Institute at the Marriott Courtyard, located at 1625 South 67 Street, Omaha, NE 68106.
- The direct phone number is 402.951.4300.
- Please ask for the Advanced Placement® rate.
- Continental breakfast and dinner are available at cost in the Bistro Cafe in the Courtyard.
Follow the reservation link below:
ADVANCED PLACEMENT® SUMMER INSITUTE
Parking codes will be sent out via e-mail.
Summer Institute Meal Information
- Continental Breakfast to be served on Monday during registration only. Check-in for textbooks, name tags, etc. will be done at this time.
- Breakfast is on your own Tuesday-Thursday.
- Lunch will be served each day.