Dr. Sandra Rodríguez-Arroyo
Roskens Hall, 308N
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Tel: (402) 554-3676
Fax: (402) 554-2125
D.Ed. - Pennsylvania State University - Curriculum and Instruction - 2009
M.Ed. - Pennsylvania State University - Curriculum and Instruction - 2002
BA - Universidad de Puerto Rico en Cayey - Secondary English Education - 1999
Undergraduate and graduate courses in areas of expertise related to ESL, Bilingual, World Languages, and Literacy Teacher Education. Supervise field-based experiences for future and current language teachers.
Research / Creative Activity Interests:
- Educational opportunities for English Language Learners (ELLs) in the state of Nebraska.
- Preparing future and current teachers to work with the growing rate of ELLs in the state.
- Applying an ecological framework to the study of field experiences in language teacher education
- Establishing university and school collaborations to implement educative experiences in teacher education.
- Development and implementation of service learning experiences in language teacher education.
- Study Latina experiences in higher education (undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty).
- Recruitment and retention activities for diverse teachers.
- Establishing relationships and creating opportunities for Latino parents to get involved in their children’s education.