Most of the widgets are restricted for use only in the the WTA_01 template. You can either just create a new page using that template, or switch an existing WTA_00 page to the WTA_01 layout. Just follow these simple steps to make that conversion (you may want to save a copy of your page first):
1. Download the latest version of the WTA_01 template from the Buildit site.
2. Expand the wta_01.zip file.
3. Copy the 'wta_01.dwt' file from that expanded folder into the 'Templates' folder of your current site. Copy the 'wta_01_design.css' file into your current site's 'css' folder. You can discard the rest of the downloaded stuff.
4. Now you can either create a whole new page, or convert an existing page (skip to step 5). To create a whole new page, from the Dreamweaver menu > File > New > Page from template > select the WTA_01 template and you're set to go (skip the steps below [but be sure to read the 'note' at the bottom).
5. To update and existing WTA_00 page, open that file and from the Dreamweaver menu > Modify > Templates > Apply Template to Page ... > and you should see a dialogue box similar to this one.
6. Choose the wta_01 template, then hit the 'Select' button.
7. You'll get a prompt about a region problem. Use the dropdown as shown to select '06 Analytics' then click to 'OK' button.
That's it, all of the current widgets will be installed when the wta_01 template is applied. Save your updated page, put it to the server, and it should now be displayed with all of the widgets. Please note that your page examples may not look exactly like the ones on the buildit site, and some will not be fully functional without your intervention. Use the documentation on the Buildit 'widget' pages to get going on editing the widgets.
If you decide to use any of the widgets, all we ask is that you follow these important rules. Don't make changes that compromise the designed function or appearance of the widgets. They should look, and behave, the same way no matter where they appear. Changes to font sizes, link colors, and/or other elements cause uncertainty for users, and compromise the visual and functional design that is part of the UNO brand. So please, use the widgets only as they are designed, and only for their intended uses.
Content last modified: April 08, 2011, 2:53pm