Inside this content area:
Relevant unomaha.edu links:
- Q: How do I find my advisor?
- A: First, it is important to know what your major is and in which college your major is listed. Click here for a list of academic advisors sorted by
- Q: How do I change my major or minor?
- A: To change your major/minor, you need to see the department in which you wish to major/minor. To complete the process,
you may need to make an appointment with an academic advisor. Once you have met the admission requirements/prerequisites for the major/minor you
are interested in, your advisor will assist you in filling out a “change of academic program” form, which is to be turned into the Registrar’s
Office, EAB 105.
- Q: What is the “credit/no credit” option?
- A: http://www.ses.unomaha.edu/registrar/crnc.php
- Q: How do I calculate my GPA?
- A: Detailed instructions on calculating your GPA can be found at
- Q: Are there services for Multicultural Students?
- A: YES! http://mca.unomaha.edu/
- Q: What happens if I am on academic probation or am academically suspended?
- A: Being placed on Academic Probation is similar to receiving a warning to improve your academic performance. You are placed
on probation when your cumulative NU GPA drops below a 2.0. The answer to "what can I do?" may be different for different people. If you are on
probation, your academic advisor can offer helpful suggestions.
Students who are placed on Academic Suspension when their semester GPA is lower than 2.0 and the cumulative GPA falls below the following
|46 or more
Suspended students are given the right to appeal their suspension. Appeal processes differ by college and therefore it is important to contact
your academic advisor as soon as you know you are suspended.