Before You Apply
- Contact Mav USO on campus or online with any questions regarding UNO degree program options, Tuition Assistance (TA) or Veteran Assistance (VA) education benefits, and services available to military, veterans, and family members.
- Complete the VA benefits application.
Review the admission requirements
Choose a desired area of study:
The Admissions Process
- Apply to UNO online
- To complete an application, you will need to provide your mailing address, date of birth, and valid email address.
- Provide your current legal name as it appears on your birth certificate, drivers license or social security card. In addition, providing your social security number on your application is recommended if you are applying for financial aid.
The application fee is waived for all Military and Veteran applicants with proof of military status. Please provide one of the following documents as proof of military status to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions:
- Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
- Military orders
For more information, please review our Application fee waiver policy which is available on our Forms, Policies, and Conditions page under the policy section.
- Request your official high school transcript be sent to UNO. Visit the school's website for transcript request information or contact them directly.
- Request official college transcripts if you earned credit while in high school or prior to attending UNO. All post-secondary transcripts are required whether credit was earned or not. Failure to provide information regarding all post-secondary academic work attempted or completed will be considered fraudulent and may result in possible withdrawal of admission or dismissal from the University.
- Request your military transcripts here
If your school uses an electronic transcript service, please send electronic transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official transcripts can be mailed to:
- Undergraduate Admissions Office
- 6001 Dodge Street
- Eppley Administration Building 111
- Omaha, NE 68182
Please note: Hand-carried transcripts will not be accepted. They must be sent directly from each academic institution via their official transcript service to UNO Undergraduate Admissions.
- Request official ACT (school code: 2464) or SAT (school code: 6420) scores be sent to UNO. If you are over 21 and have never taken the ACT or SAT test, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note: The December ACT test date is the last date that will be accepted for the Fall Scholarship deadline.
Applications will be reviewed once we receive all official documents needed to complete your file.
Undergraduate application submission deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Semester – August 1*
- Spring Semester – December 1
- Summer Semester – June 1
*The priority deadline for scholarship consideration for the Fall semester is February 1.
After You Apply
You will start receiving information from the admissions office soon. If you have not received any communication within one week, please contact us to inquire about the status of your application.
- If you are not a Nebraska resident and meet any of the following criterias below, please complete the Application for Residence Classification for Tuition Purposes to request for resident tuition.
- Active duty military, Nebraska Guard, and their dependents complete Section G. Active Duty Military.
- Form must be notarized and submitted with military orders (plus additional paperwork for dependents).
- For easiest processing, submit the items mentioned above to MaV USO or Offutt office, located on Offutt Air Force Base.
- Contact MaV USO to begin processing for military TA and/or veteran benefits (GI Bill, Voc Rehab, 1606, 1607, etc.)
- Check your admission status on mavlink.
- Set up your mavlink and gmav email account. If you have any trouble, please contact the UNO Undergraduate Admissions at 402.554.2393 for assistance.
- Submit your immunization records to the UNO Health Services Office.
After you're admitted to UNO, you will need to complete the following to finalize your enrollment:
Shortly following admission, First Year and Transfer students receive information from the Testing Center about English, Math, Chemistry, French and Spanish placement tests.
- Math placement is determined by your ACT math subscore or results on the Compass Math Test.
- Students with transfer credit may have already satisfied their testing requirements and should check with an Academic advisor concerning the need to take Placement Exams.
- Additional information on testing and registration for placement exams is available at:
- Active duty military and non-local students can have orientation waived by contacting the Offutt 402.595.2371 or firstname.lastname@example.org or MAVUSO office 402.554.2349, toll free 855.MAV.USO1 (8761), or email@example.com.
- Make an appointment with an academic advisor for the degree program you have chosen.
- The advisor will remove your advising hold, determine transfer credit, and help select classes.
- If you are using military TA, get a copy of your degree plan worksheet from the advisor to submit as part of the TA processing.
For general admitted student information (i.e. Orientation and Student housing), please visit the Admitted Student page.