Engineering Enrollment Deposit
On this page, you will find answers to frequently asked questions about the deposit required for students majoring in engineering on the UNO Campus. Have a question not referenced below? Contact Undergraduate Admissions for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the enrollment deposit?
- Who is required to pay the enrollment deposit?
- Why do I need to pay the enrollment deposit?
- How do I pay the enrollment deposit?
- Do I still have to pay the enrollment deposit if I qualify for financial aid?
- Will UNO accept partial payment of the enrollment deposit?
- What do I do if I am not able to pay the $250 enrollment deposit?
- May I register for New Student Orientation and/or apply for housing without committing to UNO?
- May I apply for financial aid without committing to UNO?
- I am admitted to engineering programs in both Omaha and Lincoln. What are the next steps?
- What if I change my mind about attending UNO? Is the deposit refundable?
- I have other questions. Who do I contact?
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln engineering programs require a $250 enrollment deposit to be paid by the deadline below to finalize your admission and secure your space in the incoming class.
The deposit secures your spot in the UNL engineering programs housed on the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) campus. It will appear as a credit on your student account and will be used to offset a portion of your tuition and/or fees for the first semester. This credit will appear on the first billing cycle of the semester which you are admitted.
If you do not submit your deposit by the deadline for your term, your admission is subject to cancellation. You will not be able to register for New Student Orientation or register for classes until the enrollment deposit has been paid.
Admission after the deadline is determined on a space available basis. After the deadline, deposits need to be paid within ten days of admission, or admission is subject to cancellation. Deposits paid after the deadlines are non-refundable.
All newly admitted incoming undergraduate students to the UNL Engineering programs housed on the UNO campus are required to pay the one-time enrollment deposit of $250. This applies to students admitted for Fall 2015 or after.
The enrollment deposit allows the UNL Engineering programs housed on the UNO campus to:
- Plan effectively for class offerings and student resources in preparation for your arrival.
- Provide an incentive for undergraduate engineering students to actively consider their college choice on an appropriate timeline, which increases options in housing, New Student Orientation dates and classes.
- Report new student class data more accurately as part of the budgeting process.
The enrollment deposit allows YOU to:
- Register for and attend orientation activities.
- Receive more information about housing and other opportunities offered to students at UNO.
Log into MavLINK to pay the deposit using PayPal. Alternatively, you can send a check to the following address:
UNO Undergraduate Admissions
6001 Dodge St, EAB 111
Omaha, NE 68182-0286
Please include your name and NU ID with your check. Additional processing time will be required for all checks. Contact Undergraduate Admissions at 402.554.2393 with any questions regarding paying online.
Yes. Financial Aid does NOT cover the enrollment deposit. All newly admitted incoming undergraduate students to the UNL Engineering programs on both campuses are required to pay.
No. UNO will not accept a partial payment of the enrollment deposit.
Criteria which may be considered for a deferment of the enrollment deposit include, but are not limited to:
- Free/Reduced Lunch Status
- Pell Grant Eligibility
- GI Bill
You must submit a formal application for deferment by May 1 (fall/summer applicants) or December 1 (spring applicants).
- Download the deferral request form.
No. You must submit the enrollment deposit, via MavLINK, prior to registering for orientation or applying for on-campus housing.
Yes. The FAFSA may be completed without paying the enrollment deposit.
- Download the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
You will pay the deposit at the campus location in which you intend to enroll. Once your deposit is made, students are able to register for new student orientation and apply for housing on the campus in which you intend to enroll. All engineering programs are administered by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln but campus services are provided by the host campus.
The enrollment deposit is fully refundable prior to the deposit deadlines.
Fall and Summer Applicants - May 1
Spring Applicants - December 1
If you choose not to enroll in the UNL Engineering programs on the Omaha campus and do not request a refund on or before the deadline, you will forfeit the full amount of your enrollment deposit.
To request a refund, you must submit the form below.
- Download the refund request form.
Your admissions team is here to help! Just call us at 402-554-2393, toll free at 800-858-8648, or email email@example.com. You may also contact the UNL College of Engineering on the Omaha Campus for additional details.