Before You Apply
Review our admission requirements:
- First-Year Admission Requirements
- Register and take the ACT (school code: 2464) or SAT (school code: 6420)
If you are an international student, you will need to apply via the International Studies & Programs Office.
Choose a desired area of study:
The Admissions Process
- Apply to UNO.
- To complete an application, you will need to provide your mailing address, date of birth, and a valid email address.
- Provide your current legal name as it appears on your birth certificate, drivers license or social security card. In addition, providing your social security number on your application is recommended if you are applying for financial aid.
A $45 application fee is required for all new First-Year, Transfer, and Non-Degree/Visiting student applicants and must be paid when the application is submitted.
- The application fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee admission or enrollment in any specific classes. If you have previously enrolled as an undergraduate student on any University of Nebraska system campus, the application fee is not required.
- Pay online or by mail
- Undergraduate Application Fee waivers are available to applicants who meet specific conditions. For more information, please review our Application Fee Waiver Policy which is available on our Forms, Policies, and Conditions page under the policy section.
- Request your official high school transcript including your senior year class schedule be sent to UNO. Visit your school's website for transcript request information or contact them directly.
- Request official college transcripts if you earned credit while in high school or prior to attending UNO. All post-secondary transcripts are required whether credit was earned or not. Failure to provide information regarding all post-secondary academic work attempted or completed will be considered fraudulent and may result in possible withdrawal of admission or dismissal from the University.
If your school uses an electronic transcript service, please send electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official transcripts may be mailed to the following address:
Undergraduate Admissions Office
6001 Dodge Street
Eppley Administration Building 111
Omaha, NE 68182-0286
Please note: Hand-carried/student-submitted transcripts will not be accepted. They must be sent directly from each academic institution via their official transcript service to UNO Undergraduate Admissions.
Please note: The December ACT / SAT test date is the last one accepted for Fall semester scholarship consideration.
Applications will be reviewed once we receive all official documents needed to complete your file.
Undergraduate Application Submission Deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Semester – August 1*
- Spring Semester – December 1
- Summer Semester – June 1
*The priority deadline for scholarship consideration for the fall semester is February 1st.
After You Apply
You will start receiving information from the admissions office. If you have not received any communication within one week, please contact us to inquire about the status of your application.
- Set up your mavlink account and check your admission status on mavlink.
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid.
- Submit your immunization records to UNO Health Services.
After you're admitted to UNO, see the Admitted Students page to find out next steps you need to take to become a Maverick. And don't forget to file the FAFSA by the April 1 priority deadline for financial aid for the Fall term.