SKIP navigation
UNO Accounting Services
Accounting Services

Refunds to Vendors/Individuals

The University is occasionally required to furnish a warrant, where no services or goods have been provided by the payee and the payment is of a non-taxable nature to the payee. Examples would be student loans, scholarships and refunds for tuition, cancelled conference refunds and other activities where an advanced deposit or ticket sale was made.

The Warrant Request Form is available for processing this type of payment. The form is available in the SAPPHIRE Resources Business Forms section. You are required to provide the cost object and GL account to which the monies were originally deposited. The payee name, address and tax identification number are required on the form. If a tax identification number is not available please contact Teresa Carlson at 402.554.4937 for assistance.

The original form should be sent to Teresa Carlson, Eppley Room 208 and the department should keep a copy for their records. These payments are mailed directly to the payee, unless you indicate you need to pick up the warrant.